The 35th SDNU TGA was held on the 9th March 2019 at Imperial Hotel, Kuching and it was attended by most branches of SDNU. A 62nd Anniversary Dinner was held on the 8 March 2019 at the same venue and it was graced by YAB Chief Minister Sarawak.
Dato Ir. Alice Jawan Empaling, Chairman SIDS, highlighted on several matters:-
- Transparency and following proper procedures for the approving of activities and funds;
- Proper financial and accounting procedures;
- Highlighted and reported on the two major SIDS projects/programs which are the
- Tan Sri Empiang Jabu Research Chair in Dayak Women Studies, and
- Rumah SIDS;
- SDNU Branches to be inclusive with their respective SIDS Branches and to allocate appropriate delegates to the SDNU TGA; and
- Need for SDNU to work with SIDS at all levels.
At this TGA, YB Tan Sri William Mawan was re-elected (uncontested) as the President SDNU 2019 – 2021, and the Chairman SIDS will be Vice-President.
Report prepared by SIDS Office.
5 June 2019